Pages

Saturday, 23 June 2007

Prom - Jewellery and Decorating. And ice cream, of course.

So the jewellery hunt last night was successful! Which is good, because otherwise I don't know when I ever would have gotten it. We went out to Hunt's Point for supper, to that little spot that's supposed to have the best clams in the world. I don't like clams, but the fish and chips was good too. After that we went back up to Liverpool, to look at some jewellery that the 'rents had seen when they were there for their anniversary weekend. It was really nice, and I got the perfect necklace and matching earrings. I'm pleased. And the name of the store was Pirate's Cove, which made me happy.

I drove both ways last night, which was pretty intense. It was the first time in months that I'd driven for more than about a half hour at a time, and I'm really not used to the Saturn. Not to mention the torrential downpours...

Anyway, we got back to Bridgewater about quarter to nine, and I headed over to Steven's. I only had two hours there, and we didn't do much, but it was nice. I just like to spend time with him, I don't care what we do.

Prom decorating today was intense. There's soo much to it, even more than I thought... I'm actually pretty excited. I thought the city theme was going to be lame, but once they made it more of a park type thing, it's not so bad. Although I now hate gazebos, minilights, and red flowers. Honestly, LH and I spent at least four hours on that. Everytime we got something done, either someone else said it looked bad, or the lights stopped working, or things weren't the right length to get where they needed to be... so frustrating! Oh well, it's done now. I just hope people don't whine about it... I mean, I know they will. They're whining about the prom theme, safe grad theme, grad song, having grad in the arena, the speech-givers... everything! I just can't stand them. If I here any snide comments about the gazebo, I will punch whoever said it. I just don't want to hear about it.

I was also disgusted by the number of people who showed up. There were four teachers there all day, but only eight students, and never all at once. Considering there used to be at least fifteen at the decision-making meetings, that's really sad. Ms. Kelly said that was the smallest turnout they'd ever had for decorating. Especially considering that it was on the announcements for anyone that wanted to help, not just the Prom Committee. Pretty sick.

Oh well, I guess I just have to learn not to let those things bother me. People are like that, all I can do is ignore them and make the best of it. Either way, I'm exhausted. A six day work week, then working hard all day today, and work again tomorrow... blargh. I really should be working on my screenplay, but I just can't concentrate on it. I might just play some Tales of Pirates instead.

Oh, one more thing. LH and I went to the Tastee Freeze after decorating. It was nice, I hadn't been there in years! Just nice to chill and have ice cream after a tough day. Especially with LH, because she's such an awesome friend. ^_^

No comments: