Pages

Wednesday, 4 July 2007

Getting Better

Okay, since my last post was a little self-critical.. I mean, it's all for the best, but it is admitting that I'm not so great right now... anyway, today I'm going to reflect and determine things that I've already gotten better at.

1. Public Speaking. Case in point - invocation speech. I was speaking in front of 2000+ people. Previously, I would have been pissing myself. At grad, I walked very calmlyl to the stage and didn't feel the least bit nervous to have everyone looking at me. I didn't get thrown off until I started talking - the delay between my voice speaking and my voice over the sound system realllly freaked me out. But hey, if it hadn't been for silly microphones and sound systems, I would have done fine.

2. Self Criticism. Yes, I can look at myself and pick out some flaws and figure out what I need to work on, but I'm no longer really hard on myself. I used to go to music festival, play less than perfect, and bawl my eyes out later because I was horrible. This year, I went to music festival, played less than perfect, and let it go. I've also gotten to the point where I will admit that my writing is good, and sometimes I'll even agree when people say that I'm pretty.

Okay, so, those are the only ones I can think of right now, but, hey, that's still pretty good, I say. I'm so awesome.

Anyway, yesterday I managed to lock my keys in my car. I have no experienced every minor car disaster I'm aware of - dead battery x2, flat tire, ran out of gas, and locked the keys in the car. I'm starting to think that maybe I'm just careless and need to pay a little more attention to what I'm doing. I mean, the tire wasn't my fault, it just went flat while I was in Big Red's, and the first time the battery died it was because no one had bothered to explain to me about the different acc. modes. But still. It's pretty awful. I managed to get back in the car, though, without needing to be rescued. Luckily, I had left the window open a bit to let the air circulate. I found a long thin stick and pressed the unlock button. While I'm glad I got back in, it's kind of worrysome that anyone else could have done that too...

No comments: