Pages

Monday, 2 July 2007

Self-Improvement

Soo, yesterday I hung out with AS and SG for Canada Day. We had a sweet time, and I made some realizations about myself and my life. I've come up with a list of goals that I'm going to try to work towards.

1. Be a better blogger. I'm very bad at this, really. I tend to give a big overview of everything that happened. I need to concentrate on one thing and give detail and opinions. That would be way more interesting than "I did this, this, and this." And since blogging is a form of writing and I want to write for a living... good goal.

2. Physical Shape-up. I am in very bad shape, really. I'm not fat, but I'm weak and I'm just not fit, like, cardiovascularly, I get tired and out of breath really easily. I want to work out and build up some muscles. I've said this plenty of times before, but SG was talking about it too, and we've already agreed to swim laps and go to the gym together next year. So I think if someone else is doing it too, I'll be more likely to stick with it. I would also like to spend time outside and get a tan. By the end of the summer, if I'm not ashamed to wear shorts, I will be happy.

3. Mental Shape-up. There are two parts to this:

a) Positivity. I've already been working on this one, but I need to keep going. I still haven't gotten over imagining worst-case scenarios, and getting upset when things just don't work out. I've also stil got a way to go with the whole believing in myself part of being positive. So, think positive!

b) Live in the Now. This is something that I started coming in contact with last summer at yoga, but yesterday at Dairy Queen we ran into Norm and he started taking about it too. I've kind of already stopped having regrets about the past, but I really need to stop worrying about the future. I do that way to much to just slow down and have fun.

4. Writing. I need to do way more of it. This last year, the only times I've written were for ScriptFrenzy, or when I needed something for a contest. And occasionally role-playing. I need to start writing more, all the time, if I'm going to keep improving.

5. Emotional Consideration. I would like to be more considerate of other people's feelings. I mean, not that I'm completely apathetic or anything, just I often have automatci responses that are insults, and sometimes I snap at people when I don't mean to. I just want to be able to control that, to avoid hurting people's feelings when I didn't even mean what I said.

That's it. Love.

No comments: