Pages

Wednesday, 22 August 2007

The Scoop on the New House

Alright, now that we've been moved in for a week and a half, I feel that I am qualified to give an opinion on the house. Not to mention feeling like I have the time to give an opinion...

The Good

The deck. It is HUGE. It is loverly. It's just a nice peaceful spot to sit out and eat supper, or to hold deck party barbecues. (I hope)

The skylight. I like to just sit under it and look out. Or I would, if I had time to do that.

The dishwasher. Not washing dishes=always a good thing.

The floors and the paint colours. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

Air conditioning. :)

All the little things that are normal to other people but seem like a treat after living in a 150-year-old house my whole life: lots of closets, lots of plugs, no mildew, no squirells in the walls, a basement that doesn't flood every time it rains...

The Bad

All the work that had to be put into it to get to this point.

All the work that still needs to be done.

The basement... dark and dingy and ugly. And where I live.

Overall

The good definitely outweighs the bad. Eventually, everything will get done, and mom and dad will be glad to have it the way they wanted it. So, all good.



In other news, the 'rents are in Newfoundland to visit my brother. I've got the house to myself from this morning til Monday. S. is staying over for the whole weekend, and I'm trying to organize a deck party for Saturday.

My laptop arrived on Monday. Ish good, ish very good. :) Pretty! And shiny. XD

No comments: