Pages

Wednesday, 24 October 2007

Things That Make Me Happy

AF added me as a friend on Facebook today. I'm thinking, whatever, she seems nice, even if we've only had maybe 5-7 conversations ever, that's fine. A few hours later, she sends me this message:

heyy..
i found my wonder writers book thing when i went home this weekend, and i read your story again...i just wanted to let you know that i think you are an amazing writer, and that story was exactly what i needed to hear in that moment.
thank you :)
hope youre having fun at kings
af

This was like a double dose of happy, not just because she complimented my writing, but because in some small way I made things better for her. And hey, that's what life is all about, right?

***

This:

http://notes.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_soundclip.html?item=3546719&f=3546719_12970.mp3&cart=340222529910230925

"And the next one's Rio CON Brio..."

Bahahaha. Although it's kind of sad too, because it makes me miss band in a real bad way. Also ZM.

***

I finally really feel like I fit in here. I've found that group of friends that I can spend time with and feel comfortable around them and act like myself. It's nice to have friends.

***

Speaking of friends: Keeping in touch with old ones is pretty sweet too. FINALLY heard from AS last week... turns out her mom decided not to pay for interwebs for a month. Although very sad, this is better than the alternatives that she was either mad at me or dead. And now that she has internet again, s'all good.

Had a real conversation with LH on Monday... first time in ages that we've talked for more than 5 minutes at a time. It was nice.

I went over to Risley last night and visited with JH, CZ and CC.. they all seem to be doing well, and they promised they would come visit soon. I hope they actually do... I also saw CV while I was there, I hadn't really realized how much I missed his randomness until I saw him. I have to say, that was the first time in a loooong time that I laughed until I couldn't breathe.

***

School is going really well lately... even though I'm kind of slacking off, I'm still getting everything done. Everything kind of makes sense lately. I got Essay #3 back, and my marks are continuing to improve. :) Which is especially good since I was really worried about this essay. Also got French midterm back - 95%, booyah! That class is such a joke, though. It's excellent.

***

Breaking up with S. actually felt really good. I know that sounds horrible, but... I mean, I still care about him and want to be friends and everything. I just couldn't deal with that relationship any more. And it feels so good not to have to worry about whether we were going to break up or stay together and how we were going to make things better... I didn't need that bullshit dragging me down. I'm free now, and I'm fine with that.

***

Basically, everything in my life is coming together perfectly right now. I haven't been this content with me life and at peace with everything in a long time.

No comments: