Pages

Monday, 19 November 2007

Life Lessons Learned Since Coming to King's

-I don't 'make mistakes', I have new experiences and figure out which ones I should not repeat.
-Doing schoolwork in advance=less stress (Okay, so I had this one from IB too, I just needed a reminder)
-We're all fools, and those who acknowledge their foolishness are wiser than those who pretend to be wise. Since we can't help but be fools, we might as well enjoy it. (Thank you, Erasmus)
-Religion and philosophy are the same thing. (Thank you, Neoplatonists) I have yet to figure out exactly how this changes my own world view, but I think with a little more contemplation and time, my agnosticism will be developing into a personalized belief system.
-Eating is easier when I'm less picky. Also, eggs are less disgusting then I thought!
-How to eat with chopsticks, and how to make sushi.
-After only two and a half months, you might not know a person very well, but that doesn't mean they aren't a wonderful friend.
-When you don't have time to do the things that make you happy, make time.
-Enjoying writing the essay is more satisfying then doing well on the essay.
-Just because other people are smarter than you doesn't mean you're stupid.

No comments: