Pages

Tuesday, 8 January 2008

Month in Review

Okay, this is going to be long, but non-whiny. Yay!

Alright. Christmas break, in a nutshell. Here goes:

First week home, none of my friends were home yet, so there wasn't much to do. I spent the week pretty much just hanging around the house, reading, internetting and what have you. It was actually realloy nice at the time to just be able to relax and not have to worry about getting things done. My brother and his girlfriend got home the next Monday, and they weren't too bad; actually they didn't bother me at all until the last four days or so they were there when they started driving me insane. Anyway. That Wednesday was the IB reception, which was the first time I saw everyone. It was nice... I don't feel like I talked to people much, I don't know, but it was okay, and Ms. MacDonnell cornered me and we talked about King's for a good ten or fifteen minutes. After that, I went over to ST's house for a small gathering. It was the first time I'd seen her since April, so it was reeeeeally good to see her. SG, AS, CF, and CJ were there as well, so it was all cool. The next morning though, there was a massive snowstorm, so mom came to pick me up on her lunch break as planned, but then I didn't get to drive home as planned, so I spent four hours wandering around town. In the massive snowstorm. I woke up the next morning with a brutal head cold, and spent the next week sitting around drinking tea and reading. I ventured out on the 22nd to go caroling, which was fun, despite the small turnout (Me, TM, AS, JH, BC, SE).

Christmas was nice. We did the whole nice Christmas Eve dinner thing, and then went to church, as usual. Christmas morning was pretty laid-back, we got up around 9, opened the stockings and 'Santa' presents, then had a huge breakfast before opening everything else. I got money, chocolate, pillows, and watches. That's pretty much it. Pretty decent.

For New Year's, I went out to the party at T.'s house. Everyone was there (except freakin' LH!), which was nice, but all we did was play Cranium. Don't get me wrong, I like Cranium and all, but still, I could have done with a little more excitement. Or at least talking and getting caught up with everyone. But whatever. We weren't invited for the night, which meant I had to leave at 11, but my parents and my brother and his grilfriend all ended up at home too, so we set off a shitload of fireworks together and then drank some wine. Not too bad.

After that, I read ahead for school. I went out LH's on the last Friday to watch the entire third season of Prison Break. Only 8 episodes, but that is six hours, and we didn't get started til 9, so we were up until 4. (Yes, we managed to take an hour's worth of breaks and stuff.) We couldn't get in touch with AF to make her be there too, which was really very sad, but it was still fun, and oh man, it was SO intense. PB=<3 Anyway, next morning, we got up and went bowling with JH, T., CZ and CC, which was a fun time, and then we said good byes again, which were super sad. *sob*

Anyway. So I got back to King's on Sunday. It's good to be here. I missed everyone so much. So I got here, and unpacked everything... and then we went to dinner... the we went to visit GC! Fun times. We managed to find his house and everything. Then I chilled in my room for a while, and then DC, MM and I went to pick up AB from the airport.

Classes started on Monday, it was so weird being back in lecture again. It wasn't a bad lecture, but they're still doing the whole summarizing thing, and it's still frustrating. And paying attention to one thing for more than ten minutes at a time seems a lot harder than it used to. Tutorial was the same as ever. French class, still Language and Culture, but a new topic and prof - Parisian architechture, and the prof seems decent. Best thing, like, ever, though, is that the class is structured into sections (Medieval, Renaissance, 17th century, 18th & 19th centuries, and 20th century), and CM and AGT are both in my class, and CM said "Oh man, it's like FYP, wouldn't it be awesome if we read some Rabelais or something?" (Lecture yesterday was on Rabelais' Gargantua). So, the prof was going through the list of authors we'd be reading from, and sure enough, Rabelais was on it. The three of us just looked at each other, and then he said we'd be reading from Gargantua, and all three of us just burst out laughing. Fun times.

Anyway, last night was North Pole gift exchange, which was decent. Then we all got drunk. Yay? It was fun.

So, reasons why today is pretty much the best day ever:

The cranberry juice isn't out of order any more!
MM drew me a picture of Cranberry Jesus with a mullet saying "Ding, bitches."
MW was singing Swedish songs
The theme of the day is cannabalism
JS got back and we clobbered her
I got some knitting done
We're gonna have a hallway party after a bit... yay, gossip?
I managed to have an afternoon nap for the first time in over a month (which may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I haven't slept well for the past four nights)

Reasons why today wasn't the best day ever:

I didn't write a play
I missed my grocery shopping date with RC

And in related news, RC has decided that she definitely for sure absolutely is not coming back next year. Serious sadface. *sigh*

Okay. That's all.

1 comment:

Lara said...

hey kid! sounds like good times were had all around. :)

thanks for delurking! (although you're right - you've commented before, so you're not technically a lurker. but still, you should come by more often!)