Pages

Sunday, 24 February 2008

Friday was a happy happy day.

I spent the mroning doing some final review for the midterm, which was a kind of peacefully organized, comforting thing, not stressful. The midterm wasn't too bad - not easy like last semester, but certainly not hard either. I feel good about it.

After the midterm, a bunch of us went out to the Ardmore Tea House for brunch - it was delicious. It makes me sad that yummy food is a novelty. Although, on the upside, it is kind of nice when just eating good food is special enough to make the whole day better.

When we got back from brunch, I had a ridiculously long shower, it was excellent. Then I went to French, which is a pretty laid back class anyway. That day it was "here, do this 20-question grammar quiz on stuff you learned in grade 12/last semester" and then taking notes for the rest of class.

And after that I was freeeeeeee. I spent some time with MM, MW, and JD before they all went home or away for the break. On the one hand, a week away from everyone is long enough to miss them, but on the other, I think it will be kind of nice to spend a little time apart so that we're not so tired of each other and getting on each other's nerves all the time when we get back.

After that I headed over to Risley to see JH, CC, CZ, and T. - he was here visiting since his reading week was last week. We played Rockband for a while, and then decided to go out to dinner. We went to Your Father's Moustache; I had never been there before, but it was really good. The food was delicious, it had a nice atmosphere, really good prices, and great service. When our waitress brought our bills, she told us that the man who had been sitting at the next table over when we came in gave twenty dollars toward our meal - crazy! We were all pretty shocked and impressed by that. Unfortunately, he had already left by that time, so we couldn't thank him.

When we left, we realized that it had started snowing! T. was supposed to leave Friday night at 10, but the roads were getting pretty bad, so he got to stay for the night. On the way back we started having snow fights, so we decided to put on appropriate clothing and then have real snow fights. We did so, and ended up staying outside until almost 11. After that we went in and got dried off. JH started packing for her trip to Vancouver, and while the rest of us were waiting for her we played some more Rockband. When she came down we watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights. By the time that was over, it was 2:00, so we decided it was bed time, but then we ended up standing in the hallway talking for half an hour, and then I came home and went to bed.

Aside from the lack of LH, it was a pretty perfect day.

Saturday was a silly day.

I slept in until 11:30. I think the last time I slept that late was in December, and possibly not even then. I did practically nothing all day. After lunch, I cleaned my room, and then I watched a couple episodes of Prison Break. Went to dinner. Hung out with AB and PM. Watched another episode of Prison Break (season finale, woooo!) and then hung out with AB some more. And I really have to say, Prison Break, HOLY CRAP. I'm not sure why this season only had 13 episodes, but it's a little depressing. And I really don't want to wait forever until next season starts.

Today is not any particular kind of day yet.

I played piano this morning, then finished Atlas Shrugged. Victory, at last! I can't believe how long it took me to read that. I had a shower, and now I'm doing this. I plan to do something a little more productive this afternoon. Maybe.

No comments: