Pages

Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Positivity

Because positivity is my... I don't know, something like a cross between a motto and a goal, here's a healthy dose of it:

I'm feeling really good about this next essay. I made a really, really good outline for it today, and for the first time this year I really feel like I'm writing about something new and original, out of my own head, and not influenced at all by lecture or tutorial or anything. The only problem is that it might be a little too speculative, but I think it should be okay. I have one good, strong point, and the rest, although not exactly completely supported by the text, is at least grounded in it. Anyway, I'm kind of excited to start writing it, which is always nice.

One great thing about being home is that I nearly always exercise when I'm here. So, having done that today, and realizing how good it feels, I'm feeling a lot more motivated to make myself do it once I get back in the city. I'm actually for serious this time. Really. Seriously. I'm gonna do it. This is it.

I'm starting to feel a lot better about next year. With the help of my mother, I've become a little more convinced that living in res is going to be alright. I guess I'll make new friends, or something. Or just go to meals at odd times when no one's there anyway, and then it won't be an issue. Pfah. I'm also a little less worried about courses. I figure I'll just go with my plan, and everything will turn out fine, one way or another. Surely, there's got to be something i can do with a degree in Early Modern Studies? I'll figure it out.

So I guess there's this "Summer Job Fair" at Dal on Friday. I figure I'll go over to that, even though I'm not sure it will do me any good. Looking at the list of employers that will be attending, I don't see anything that really interests me, and actually quite a lot of things that incredibly terrible, but there's some things that look alright, so I figure I'll go and see what it's about and put my name in at a few places. Knowing that I have a decent job for the summer would be nice.

One of the things on the list, though, was this program called Odyssey, working as an English Language assistant in schools in Quebec and New Brunswick. It's through the school year, not a summer thing, so it's not really an option for me for a few more years, but it does intrigue me, so I think it's something that I will keep in mind as an option for a while down the road.

Anyway, I guess that's it. Yay, positivity!

No comments: