Pages

Saturday, 2 February 2008

Two Random Thoughts From Yesterday and Favourite Things

In the process of trying to convince myself to get stuff done:

I'm never going to get this done because I always say that I can just do it tomorrow.

What if there is no tomorrow?

Well, then I don't want to spend my last day getting stuff done, do I? I want to spend it the way I spent today, having fun with the people I care about.

So, I'm kind of stuck now... if I convince myself that there's no tomorrow, I won't bother doing stuff because that's not what I want to do with my last day alive... but if there is a tomorrow, then I won't get anything done, because hey, I can do it tomorrow.

But really, does it matter if I ever get it done? At the end of my life, whenever that is, am I going to look back and be glad that I read books and wrote essays and knit sweaters and learned french and all that, or am I going to be glad that I spent as much time as possible doing things that made me happy? Maybe reading and writing essays and stuff should make me happy? I don't know.

--------------------

Also, a sentence that came up in a conversation:

"Everyone has their own ways of escaping reality."

It's true. So, obviously, if we're trying so hard to escape, that must mean that reality's pretty bad. What if, instead of putting our effort into escaping, we put it into making reality better?

-------------------

And, some things that I realized yesterday just how much I love them:

Going out for breakfast
Chilly but sunny days
Long walks at a leisurely pace
Skipping down the road in that certain cheesy manner that makes you feel like you're in an old movie
Painting stuff, apparently
Singing along to Great Big Sea, especially when drunk enough to actually sing
Cuddling

--------------------

Just for future reference, today was quite possibly the most awkward day ever.

1 comment:

3rd string's finest said...

"Everyone has their own ways of escaping reality."

"It's true. So, obviously, if we're trying so hard to escape, that must mean that reality's pretty bad. What if, instead of putting our effort into escaping, we put it into making reality better?"

Hello. Love the thought. I think you are absolutley correct. More people should come to that conclusion.