Pages

Saturday, 24 May 2008

Prince Caspian

A few nights ago, I went to see Prince Caspian with some friends (Okay, okay, it was on Tuesday and I'm slow at posting, I'll admit it). I was excited for this movie. Really excited. The first time I saw a trailer for it was at some movie I went to see with my parents, I think National Treasure 2 in December. I saw it, and I quivered with excitement. That is not an exaggeration.

So I went in with high expectation, but knowing that really, I wasn't going to be disappointed, because it's Narnia, and you would have to screw it up pretty bad for me to not like it. And of course, I was right. Okay, so some stuff happened in a different order. That's alright, it's just because they don't have time to show everything, and it's easier this way, and besides, things that work well in books don't always work well in movies, so it makes sense to do it this way. And yeah, they made it so that a few things that the book characters talked about doing actually happened in the movie. Also understandable, because in movies, it's much less interesting for the characters to talk about doing something, rather than actually doing it. I get that. Adding things in is much more acceptable than taking things out (*sob* Tom Bombadil). Everything was still very much in the spirit of the books. But then, the unthinkable happened. They added a LOVE STORY. No, no, no, no, no. You don't do that. No. NOT in the spirit of the books. At all. I was upset. But still, it didn't ruin the whole movie, or anything like that. It was really only brought in toward the end, and wasn't made a central issue or anything. It was just a minor complaint. Everything else was wonderful.

Okay, that's that. In other news... going to a burning party tonight. It should be good. I just hope the weather stays nice until then. But it's supposed to rain. How does it rain three Saturdays in a row? How is it that, without fail, we manage to plan everything for rainy days? Even when it's planned weeks in advance? *sigh* (Okay, just went to let the dog in, and as it turns out, it's already sprinkling). Oh well, I guess another Saturday of playing board games isn't such a bad thing. I was just looking forward to the good old days of burning and fireworks.

No comments: