Pages

Thursday, 8 May 2008

This and that.

Things currently going on in my life:

  • Trying to find a job. I need one. I need the money, and I need to get out of this house. I've had two interviews in the past week, both of which I'm supposed to hear back about by tomorrow. One of them is working in the Veteran's Affairs office, part answering phones and part doing admin work. I think it would be interesting, it pays pretty well, government jobs look really good on resumes, and I would get to move back to the city and spend the summer with my friends there. The other is at a local museum, which would also be interesting, pays less well (but I would only have to pay for insurance and gas, instead of rent and food, so things even out), looks slightly less good on resumes, and I would have to stay with my parents for the summer, but get to spend time with my friends here. Anyway, nothing matters until I find out if I even got either of them. And if not, then I have another interview next week...
  • Parents. Ugh. Dad was being grouchy with me because he thought I was being grouchy with him, even though I wasn't, and mom was trying to convince him that I wasn't while trying to get me to be more cheerful so that he'd believe her, and they're both worried that I hate living with them because I'm always bored and they don't have time to do stuff with me, and I just want them to stop worrying about it. Sigh. Everything will be better as soon as I get a job.
  • Friends. I haven't seen anyone in the two weeks that I've been home. The only time they planned to get together and do things was the day I was in the city for a job interview. There are plans for the weekend now, but my parents have yet to confirm with me that I'm going to be able to get there, plus there was a huge misuderstanding with making the plans, so now people are upset with each other over completely stupid and pointless things, and they're also bringing up stupid drama from months ago. Not to mention, that LH is moving to FUCKING ONTARIO for the summer, and she's leaving in TWO DAYS and I haven't seen her yet and I'm almost definitely not going to see her before she leaves. And then there's the people who I just haven't talked to in ages, and really want back in my life. And I miss my King's people, but that's okay, because I know I'll be seeing them in a few months, and I knew and expected and am perfectly alright with that.
  • I feel like I'm wasting my time - I'm so bored, but I just don't have the ambition to do anything. What I've been doing lately - watching Heroes (which, btw, is excellent. I'm halfway through season 2, and still enjoying it, despite eeryone else in the world saying second season was awful. whatever.), playing Harvest Moon, and reading the Grimm's Fairy Tales.
  • But, on the other hand, I found something encouraging today. Once upon a time, someone begged me to write a novel with them, taking turns to each write a chapter. I agreed, and won th ecoin flip for first chapter. He pressured me constantly to hurry up and finish it so he could have his turn. I got it done within a few weeks, but he flaked out on me and said he just couldn't work with my writing style. So that chapter sat on my harddrive for over a year, neglected and forgotten, poor thing. I found it this afternoon, and, if I do say so myself, it's not a bad beginning, and I feel the need to finish it. I was considering saving it for November, but I'm not sure, maybe I'll start working on it now. I don't know. Also, I want to write a play. Just a short one. For next year's Fringe Fest. I should be able to handle that, in the next 7 or 8 months, I would think.
  • I accidentally went shopping the other day. It was totally weird. I bought clothes, without being pressured into it. I bought a DRESS. And TIGHTS. PURPLE tights. I don't know what's happening to me. I think I might be turning into a girl, or something. It's sort of terrifying.

It might still be bullet points, but hey, at least it's a real post. More frequent updates from now on, promise promise promise.

No comments: