Pages

Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Love and happiness.

I have not seen a single person all day who looked as though they were even a little bit happy.

That kills me. That absolutely kills me.

I wish the world could be a happier place.

In light of this, I am filling this blog with love today, because the right quantity of a certain type of love generally leads to happiness.

I read this post today, and I love it. I think I'm going to start playing this game in my life, because concentrating on the things you love is SO MUCH BETTER than the things you hate.

Also, I am finally going to get around to this love meme that I saw FOREVER ago over at Michelle & the City.

The rules: Make your own list of things you love. The only catch? You can't include a single person you know on your list. No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me." It'll be tough, I know. But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not your partner; not your mother/daughter/sister/friend) love.



I love to laugh. I love to cry, but not too much. I love music. I love making music, I love listening to music, I love discovering new music. I love listening to music in the car a little too loud and singing along when no one's with me. I love having sing-alongs. I love roadtrips!

I love sleep. I love naps. I love mornings, and I really love breakfast. I love brushing my teeth! Yay dental health. I love long hot showers. I love cuddling up in a blanket. I love hot chocolate and tea. I love being inside on rainy days, especially in the trailer, or at home with the skylight. I love dancing in the rain and jumping in puddles. I love the first snow of the winter, I love snow on Christmas, I love playing in the snow. I love Christmas - I love Christmas music, Christmas decorations, Christmas food, and Christmas activities.

I LOVE fall. I love leaves, I love pumpkins, I love scarecrows and Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love the smell of fall. I love forests and trees and fairy hunts and adventures. I love birds and I love flowers.

I love cute shoes and fun hats. I love new haircuts, and I love looking good. I also love cozy hoodies and old jeans. I love my teddy bear! I love my cat, a lot. I love giraffes. I love reading wikipedia articles about random things like 19th century circus freaks. I love reading - I love books! I love bookstores, especially used books. I love learning new things, and I loved being challenged, but not too much.

I love number puzzles and math. I love objects with memories and sentimental value. I love to make myself sad by reading old e-mails and Facebook messages. I love getting mail. I love words. I love learning new words. I love the feeling of accomplishment. I love learning things in a foreign language.

I love the smell and feeling of freshly washed laundry. I love swimming, especially in lakes and oceans. I love the feeling of sand on my feet. I love sunsets, sunrises, and stargazing. I love listening to the ocean. I love thunderstorms near the ocean. I love CAMPFIRES! I love the random conversations that come up during campfires and stargazing, and how they are always inherently more meaningful than regular conversations.

I love warm weather and walking barefoot in the grass. I love bubbles and sidewalk chalk. I love spontaneous dance parties, and dancing like a fool. I love pictures - taking them and being in them and putting them on Facebook and commenting on them. I love chocolate covered peanuts. I love laughing at things other people don't find funny. I love awkward silences, provided they're not too awkward, and I love making lame jokes.

I love my job and I love my university. I love TV marathons, especially of Prison Break. I love falling asleep during movies. I love finding new blogs to read. I love PostSecret. I love blogging. I love writing. I love people-watching. I love smiling at strangers. I love feeling happy. I love so much more than this list contains, but that's it for now. I love love.


If anyone should happen to read this... tell me, what do you love? It doesn't have to be an extensive list, but leave a comment, share the love!

No comments: