Pages

Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Put the lights on the tree

Sooo, guess who's bad at updating?

If you guessed me, that was the right answer.

If you didn't guess me, that's okay. There's more than one right answer. Maybe yours was right too.

I have nothing particularly interesting or profound to say, so you're just getting a brief update on life.

-First snowfall! Technically yesterday, but really, that was more of a slushfall. Is there anywhere else in the world that slush just falls out of the sky? Because I have a feeling that it only happens in our province. Today there was real actual snow that stayed on the ground and everything. King's is so beautiful when covered in snow. I wish I had someone to go play in it with, though... Ah well. Snow has resulted in me indulging in hot chocolate and christmas music (of the Sufjan Stevens variety).

-The unfortunate thing about snow (and all the rain we've had in the past week) is that I don't own footwear that is both waterproof and comfortable. This situation desperately needs to be fixed. I may end up joining the brightly-coloured rainboot trend? We'll see.

-I'm really excited for Christmas break... 8 more days of class, 10 more days of not-class, and 1 day of exam = 19 days 'til I can go home. I really wish I wasn't so excited and that I could just be happy with being here, but I just can't right now. I think I just need to get away for a while and get my head back on right so that I can actually appreciate it when I get back.

-The weirdest thing about going home is that I'm not going to miss people over Christmas nearly as much this year, since I barely see them anyway. :S Reason number one why this year is so fail...

-Speaking of Christmas, eek, Christmas shopping, needs to happen, soon. Bah. If you're reading this, and you know what you want for Christmas, tell me. Haha.

-I am way behind on schoolwork, and I kind of don't care. I don't know. I just have zero motivation to do most of it. I was thinking about it today, and I think that it has something to do with the fact that I no longer have any sense of labour input/reward correlation. I always do my homework for my french courses. When I don't, I do badly. But when it comes to my EMSP reading? Bah, no motivation. Why? Because in FYP and in EMSP so far this year, I've found that no matter how hard or how little I work on a paper, I get a B. Sooo, why bother? As for Commerce, well, I worked really hard on the first assignment and got a 68%. Threw the second one together in about an hour and got a 75%. No feedback on either of them. Yayyy for arbitrary numbers. Bah. So I think that's probably where my problem is coming from. I just wish that, well, even if I can't motivate myself to do schoolwork, that I could at least waste time in productive ways. Instead I'm always all "Oh, I need to get work done, so I'll just check Facebook quickly and then I'll go do that" but then I end up wasting several hours on the internet, and it just generally results in a whole lot of negative feelings. So I guess I need to work on that.

-I have also been unnecessarily tired lately. I have issues with getting out of bed (and I'm a total morning person!) and I keep falling asleep. Not fun.

-I feel like I should get involved in something. I feel so apathetic and lazy and unconnected and gross. Besides, the busier I am with important things, the more likely I am to get them all done. I have wonderful time management skills when it comes to important things and other important things, but between important things and slacking off? Slacking off always wins! Gah. Anyway. I just wish there were anything that was actually interesting enough for me to want to be involved in it. Sigh.

Anyway, guess that's it. Hopefully updating again sooner than last time!

<3

No comments: