Pages

Monday, 2 February 2009

Oh, hey, look... I have a blog!

Okay, so, I may have not posted in over a month. That is a serious possibility. In fact it is exactly what happened. And the worst part is? I have no real reason for it. Just some excuse about how I was busy and lazy and didn't really feel like it and stuff. But whatever. Deal with it.

Anyway. So last time I posted was New Year's Day and I was full of hope and positivity and ready for change. Somehow one twelfth of this "Year of Change" is over already. I have NO IDEA where the time went! I can't believe it's already February. So, what has gone on in the exciting month of January?

My roommates and I now have a place to live for next year. I'm so excited! I can't wait to get out of residence, and I'm just so excited to live with those two! It's going to be amazing. I am stoked stoked stoked.

I had a play performed in the Fringe Festival here at King's. That was rather stressful, honestly. At my first four rehearsals, either there was a massive snowstorm, or people just didn't bother coming. Then my lead actor got pneumonia and I had to recast the part... so the first real rehearsal we had was less than a week before our first performance, and even then we were still missing one actor. But, despite all of that, everything worked out quite well, actually. I received several compliments on it, and the audience laughed in all the right places and all that good stuff. Overall, success. :D

I guess those are really the main things that happened this month. Otherwise, the usual. Schoolwork. Friends. Random adventures. Work. Sleep. Etc. You know how it goes.

It's been sort of a weird month in terms of people though. Like, there are a couple of friends that I've spent so much time with in the past month that I'm getting sick of them, something which hasn't happened since last year. In some ways, this is a good thing. Then there's other friends who I used to see at least once a week, often more, and I feel like I've only seen them a couple of times this month. Then there's one friend who I talked to almost every day for the past four months. And then this month... everything's different. I don't know what happened, just, the past few weeks, we've barely talked, and when we do, we have trouble getting past the "how are you?"s and the "what's up?"s. It makes me fairly unhappy, actually. Then there's someone else who I just met this month, but has surprisingly quickly become a friend, or is getting close to becoming a friend, or something.

Anyway. Enough of this. I know that the burning question on all of your minds is really: So how are those New Year's Resolutions coming along, Katie? Hmmm? How's all your big talk treating you in real life? Are you really making any changes in your life?

The short answer: Sort of. No, I haven't stuck to all of them. But you know what? Change is gradual. I'm not there yet, but I will be, eventually. I'm certainly doing better than I was last semester, and I think that's a pretty good start. Recently, I fell down completely. Lost all sight of all this. But within a few days, I realized that. And you know what I did? I didn't stay down on the ground and nurse my wounds and wish someone would help me up, like the old me would have done. Nope. I got right back up, more determined than before to get turned around. Which just goes to show that even if I'm not making all of these tangible material concrete type changes just yet, at least I've had a serious change in my state of mind. And I think that's the most important thing.

I think that's all for now. Don't worry, you're not going to have to hang on for another month waiting for the next installment. I've been feeling really reflective and introspective lately. I'm in a really good state of mind, and I want to write that down. Partly for myself, so that when I'm feeling down, I can remind myself of how things should be; but also because I want to share my life with others.

So expect a few posts in the near future. I want to talk about things like happiness, relationships, and growing up. Get excited.

No comments: