Pages

Monday, 1 June 2009

Endlessly unemployed

So, I didn't post for a really long time. Whoops.

I still haven't found a job. I don't really want a job. But I need a job. I just wish money weren't an issue. I would much, much, much rather not work this summer. I'd like to volunteer somewhere, or several somewheres, and spend my spare time writing and reading and cooking and knitting and doing all of the things that I actually want to do with my life.

But there's that whole bit where I need to pay for tuition and stuff. Bit of a problem. So I keep looking. And not doing any of the other things, because I feel like I shouldn't be doing those things until I've got a job. But I don't want a job AND it's simply not possible to spend every minute of the day on it. So instead I end up doing things like beating up yetis and reading Pokey the Penguin and endlessly cycling between email/Facebook/google reader, fruitlessly hoping that something new will have popped up in the last two minutes.

I'll get myself together eventually, I guess.

No comments: