Pages

Tuesday, 10 November 2009

10000 words

Tuesdays are loooooong days. I leave home at 9:30 a.m. to walk to campus. I have class from 10-11:30, workshop from 11:30-1:00, class from 1:00-4:00, go to the library to do homework from 4:00-6:30, have class from 6:30-9:30, and get home around 10:00. I am tired. So, today, I'm posting some photos. I took these around my neighbourhood yesterday. Cities are dumb in that you can't get a decent photo for all the cars and power lines. But a few of them turned out alright, I suppose.


This is, more or less, what you see when you leave my apartment.


A view of the neighbours' back yard. I love it when the sky is blue blue blue like that. It makes me feel like the line in Regina Spektor's song Oedipus - "The sky'd be so big that it broke my soul."

Some berries in our yard.


This Bubble Tea Shop is just around the corner from us, and I think it's cute. I've never actually had bubble tea. I keep meaning to go, but, I don't know, I just don't. Maybe "first experience of bubble tea" would make for good NaBloPoMo fodder. :)

The mailbox of the people who live a few doors down from us. I had never noticed this before - but to be fair, I very very rarely go in that direction.


Exactly my point about the power lines. Otherwise a very pretty church, just up the road.

The view from our back yard into some neighbours' back yards.

And again.

A berry. Not sure what kind of tree these are from (some kind of coniferous), but they always remind me of our Lunenburg house. There was an enormous tree like this by the corner of the house. We decorated it with outdoor Christmas lights every year. It had these kinds of berries, and when we were kids my brother and I would mix them into our "Indian paint" to give it a reddish colour. Until mom found out and told us to be careful with strange berries...


1 comment:

Emily said...

Definitely try bubble tea! It's amazing!!

- Emily