Pages

Friday, 20 November 2009

Faster, Higher, Stronger

So remember the other day when I said I might be going to see the Olympic Torch that night? Yeah, that didn't happen; there was too much homework to be done. It came back through this morning though, so I got up bright and early to go check it out.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Olympics. Sure, I like internationalism and the feeling of community and togetherness and being part of something bigger. And I like rooting for the underdog, so being form Canada this works out well for me.

I just can't help but feel that there might be something better that those billions of dollars could be going toward? I think that feeding the hungry or something like that might make an even bigger feeling of worldwide community and togetherness.

I know this has been said by many people many times before me, and it will likely never change, but it still irks me.

Seeing the torch was still pretty awesome.

No comments: