Pages

Thursday, 19 November 2009

Growing Up

I hate growing up.

It's funny, when you're a kid, you just want to grow up so you can be in charge and not have to listen to adults anymore. But the older I get, the more I wish there was still some adult telling me the right thing to do.

Growing up is hard. I always expected life would get easier as you got older and figured things out, but I'm starting to realize that's not true. At work this summer, the two ladies I worked with told me that the 20s were a hard age, and that so far the 30s were even harder. I don't think it ever gets easier, or at least not for a long time. And that stinks.

So far, they've been right. Twenty only happened to me not long very ago, but so far, it's been hard. Nineteen was pretty tough for me too, but this twenty thing is sorta lame. I'd take last year's problems any day.

Ah well. Not much I can do about it.

No comments: