Pages

Saturday, 7 November 2009

It's been a bit of a rough week, actually not just for me but for a lot of the other people I know, which made it even worse. Yesterday was just the sort of day I needed to get cheered up and back in the swing of things.

I woke up to find that the first snow of the year had fallen. I'm not ready for snow that lasts just yet, but I do like the first snow, because it's so pretty! Plus then it's okay to listen to Christmas music. :)

I got quite a bit of work done in the morning/afternoon, so this week coming is looking like it won't be too bad.

Between getting work done, I went to math class, which was excellent. My prof tends to give us some "life advice" on occasion. Yesterday this was "take care of yourselves and don't die because it will be upsetting to other people" and "it's important to keep up with the news." I love that first one; I was considering writing it in my day planner with the rest of my math homework.

After my productive afternoon in the library, I headed to the Wardroom for Early Happy Hour. I saw quite a few friends that I haven't seen in some time, which was great. I realized that I hadn't really seen non-roommate friends in over a week, and had barely even seen my roommates, since we'd all been shut in our rooms studying. So it was really nice to relax and talk and catch up and laugh.

Then I came home and cooked up the fajitas that my mother had sent in to us (I love my parents!). And then had cupcakes, and happened to start talking about Christmas, and decided to have a Christmas party and spent all evening planning it and playing Christmas music on keyboard/guitar.

Plans for today: reprise of pancake day Saturday, clean room, see more friends I haven't seen lately, go swing dancing, chill for the evening, get another good night's sleep. This is the first weekend in three weeks that I haven't been crazy-busy, so I intend to appreciate the down-time while it lasts.

No comments: