Pages

Sunday, 8 November 2009

Seasonal

I love fall. I love everything about fall. I love the look of leaves coating the ground, and the delightful crunchy noise of stepping on them. I love the colours. I love orange and red and yellow and brown. I love pumpkins. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love the temperature of fall. I love the way the air smells. I love it.

But I kind of like this in-betweeny period as fall changes to winter too. I like the first morning that you get up and see snow outside your window. As soon as it hits, Christmas music is playing pretty much constantly. As I mentioned yesterday, my roommates and I have already started planning a Christmas party over a month in advance. Yesterday, I had a Secret Santa draw with another group of friends, and our gracious hostess served Christmas cookies.

I'm still sad to see fall go, though... my crunchy leaves are all wet and soggy now.

2 comments:

Mitchell said...

Fall is one of the few things Nova Scotia does right. It's the whole world, but in HD. I was so relieved to find it still waiting for me when I felt well enough to leave the house last week—even if the slushy snow a few days ago was probably the end of it. Oh well. Still got another year to make up for it.

(Intriguing blog you've got here!)

gnomesque said...

I disagree - in that I think Nova Scotia does many things right. :)