Pages

Friday, 1 January 2010

Hello, 2010!

A new year; a new decade.

I have two resolutions for this year.

One: participate in the 10 by 10 challenge.

This is an initiative by Free the Children and Aviva. You make ten commitments to make the world a better place, and for each person that signs up, Aviva donates 10 dollars to Free the Children to help develop communities overseas.

I've already signed up for my 10 commitments. Over the next year, I'm going to:

1. Grow a vegetable garden
2. Unplug appliances
3. Look for local produce
4. Donate used items instead of throwing them out
5. Bake homemade treats
6. Say thank you - in writing
7. Read about a new social issue
8. Read a Global Voices section of a newspaper
9. Tell people about 10 by 10
10. Shop for vintage clothing, instead of new


Two: Try something new every week

I'm bored with my life. I feel boring. I want to try some new things. Have some adventure. Be more exciting. Woohoo!


Here's to a new year. I hope 2010 bring all the best to everyone!

No comments: