Pages

Sunday, 31 January 2010

To dream the impossible dream...

Last night I attended the KTS showing of Man of la Mancha with a couple of friends. It was really wonderful! I loved it. The musical itself is just terrific, but it was also incredibly well performed. I was seriously impressed. My only complaint was that it was done in the round. I spent about half of the play craning to see what was happening at the other end of the theatre, and since we were close to the orchestra, it was sometimes difficult to hear the singers. Otherwise, though, really great.

This also accomplishes goal #77, "Go see a musical or ballet or opera." Which brings me up to 4 goals completed in the first month, plus 17 others in progress. I have 33 months to do 101 things, which means basically I have to do 3 per month plus 2 more. So I am well on track. I also know for that I will be accomplishing two more goals in the next week, so February should be solid as well. I'd like to accomplish more goals in the earlier period so that I'll have more time to focus on the more difficult ones at the end. Plus I'm sort of realizing that I've got a lot of goals that require doing something 3 times or 10 times or whatever and I'll need to get a good start on those. So yeah.

Yeahhhh.

No comments: