Pages

Sunday, 21 February 2010

Laziness

I am at home. I like home. I like my family. I like my cat. I both like and dislike being this lazy. But overall, it is good. It's study break, and I'm taking a break. I wish I was more motivated to get more things done, but I'm just having a hard time staying focused. I'm going to be upset with myself later. Right now I don't care.

In other news... let's talk for a sec about my 101 in 1001 list.

#4 Talk to one (or more) of dad's lawyer friends. Completed on Friday. I am slowly becoming more and more convinced that this is what I'm going to do. Which is scary. This friend of my dad's was really good. She emphasized the fact that law school in itself is a really great experience, and the fact that having a law degree is really useful even if you end up in a career that is completely and totally unrelated to law. A law degree is one of those things that people look at and say "oh, you have a law degree, you must be really smart and you know how to think and analyze and stuff." Which is something I guess I was sort of aware of before but hadn't really actually taken into consideration.

#54 Try bubble tea. Also completed on Friday. To celebrate the beginning of reading week, one of my roommates and I went to one of the bubble tea shops in our area. I really like the tea part; I was less keen on the bubble part. I had coconut flavour, and it was really delicious. The boba balls were, well, interesting. At first they were strange but not unpleasant. After a while the texture started to be gross, though. I think this was maybe because we were in a bit of a hurry to finish before our parents came to take us home. I perhaps need to try it again when I have more time.

No comments: