Pages

Thursday, 27 May 2010

Beachin'

Monday of this week was Victoria Day. I kind of love random holidays that don't really have any special meaning or traditions, like Civic Holiday, Labour Day, and of course, Victoria Day (That said, I do intend to go see the queen while she's in town later this summer. Wearing a fancy hat. I am clearly such a monarchist.) (... me wearing the fancy hat, not the queen. Well she might be too. But that wasn't my point there)

Getting out of the parentheses, my actual point is that since Monday was a holiday, meaning I didn't have to work, and there were no particular holiday things that needed doing, AND it was the most absolutely gorgeous day, we went to the beach!

Well. For a rough approximation of beach, at any rate. We were at Chocolate Lake, which is really more like a very small, probably artificial stretch of rough sand, with some grass around the edges, and a small part of the sand goes down to the lake. It's no Risser's or Hirtle's, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, it was a lovely day. The water was FREEZING, but we stayed in for like an hour anyway (by "in" I mean the boys were in and I went as far as my waist and that was all my pansy-ness could take. I do not like cold.) We tossed around a football for a while, and little kids followed me around for some odd reason, and then we sat on the beach and warmed up and ate licorice until we decided it was time to go.

All in all, it was a marvelous time, even if the beach was fake and over-crowded and non-ocean and freezing. I would do it again, for sure.

No comments: