Pages

Thursday, 17 June 2010

101 in 1001 mid-month update

That's right, I've been so productive on this front that I need to make a post mid-month rather than just monthly. Sha-zam.

The first weekend in June, I made a shopping trip out to get new sneakers because the entire back halves of the soles of my old ones were detached from the rest of the shoe, which was rather, er, wet. And while I was at the store and in the shoe aisle, I figured I might as well have a look around, and ended up buying completing number 25 (Own a pair of sexy heels). See see see:

Perhaps not the best picture, but it is difficult to photograph one's own feet. They are pretty. They are also the second ever pair of for-reals heels I've owned in my life, and the last pair was purchased in grade seven (I do have a pair of wedge heels from grade 12, but wedges aren't really for-reals). So they're kind of exciting. And I need to practice my walking skillz. But I am pleased.

Last weekend I stopped in to the thrift store around the corner on a whim, and accidentally finished number 35 (Own 7 dresses). The one which finished the set is the most beautifulest dress in the whole entire world. I tried to take a picture, but my lighting isn't good and since I was using a mirror I couldn't use flash. So you'll have to take my word for it. Unfortunately it is so incredibly beautiful that I'm not sure when I will ever go to something fancy enough to justify wearing it. Which means I may have to obtain another dress before I can finish goal 34 (Wear a different dress every day for a week).

Thirdly, yesterday I was out Father's Day shopping at HMV, and I came across a copy of Meaghan Smith's album "The Cricket's Orchestra," which pretty much instantly led to the completion of 79 (Actually purchase a CD that I like instead of illegal downloading/groovesharking), since I've had an eye out for this album for months now. I have been listening to it pretty much non-stop ever since because it is fantastic.

I've also made more progress on partially complete things. As I mentioned, I wrote the LSAT, so hopefully number 97 will move from "in progress" to "complete" when I get my score in a week and a half. I've also read a few books, some of which I've discussed; tried a new restaurant; cooked (with roomie C) a new dish (grilled chicken/spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette, delicious!); and saw one musical performance.

No comments: