Pages

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Restless

I want to do something crazy. I want to break into an old abandoned building or go somewhere at night that I know I'm not supposed to be after dark or climb over fences to get into places I'm not supposed to be. I want to break the rules. I want to cause trouble. I want to do something wrong. I want to make the less safe decision.

I also want to play paintball or have a water fight or a big game of capture the flag or one of those other games that are high-energy, low-skill, and you just run around, act silly, and try to win. I want to be loud and I want the adrenaline rush and I want to run until I can't breathe and my heart is pounding so hard it feels like it might burst.

I also keep watching this video (Yes, I know I've linked to it before) and just wishing that there were some sort of magical mystical realm just on the other side of the wooden gate in the wall you never saw before, where you could just have adventures and explore and quest and find yourself and it would be like a rite of passage and then you could just come out and get on with your life, no questions asked, and everything would make sense and it would all just work and not be so complicated.

This is all somehow related.

No comments: