Pages

Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Toy Story 3

A couple nights ago Roomie J and I took advantage of half-price night at the movie theatre to go see Toy Story 3, and boy am I glad we did.

It was the most fantastic movie I have seen in quite a while - probably since Up, actually. I do maintain that in the past decade children's movies have been far superior to adult movies (Think Shrek, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Wall-E, Up, and The Princess and the Frog, to name a few), but that's another story. Anyway, I was not really expecting it to be so wonderful. After all, this was the first Toy Story since Pixar was completely bought out by Disney, and after Disney's output these last few years (excluding P&tF, obviously) I was fearing the worst.

My fears turned out to be entirely unfounded. They managed to maintain character personalities, not do anything stupid, be funny without being juvenile, have a plot, and cause an emotional response. Not joking even a little bit: I bawled my eyes out for the entirety of the last 10 or 15 minutes of the movie.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone. Especially those of you who, like me, grew up with Toy Story.

No comments: