Pages

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

University Stories

The last time that I went home for a visit, I sat around the campfire with my parents while they told me stories from their university days. These is a not-infrequent topic of conversation for them any time the family gets around a fire, and I love it.

On this most recent occasion, though, I found myself wondering, "what stories will I tell about my university years?"

I sort of feel like I don't have very many stories to tell. There are certainly a few that stand out, but for the most part, my university experience thus far feels like a bit of blur. Maybe 20-odd years from now enough of the blur will have faded that I can pick out a few details to make into good stories.

Hopefully I'm not just boring.

2 comments:

BrightenedBoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BrightenedBoy said...

I know what you mean about the whole blur thing.

That hasn't been helped by a decline in my journaling's frequency, but I've tried to step it up lately.

My college stories have been half very sad and half very happy. Luckily for me, the happy half came second.