Pages

Thursday, 30 September 2010

My Manifesto

When I am old and grey, I will not look back fondly on all the time I spent on Facebook, or be proud of seeing all the cool things that people linked to on Twitter. The time that I spend playing solitaire will mean nothing to me.

I won't even remember the time that goes into random little internet video games, and to be honest, even reading interesting blogs and watching cute and funny boys on youtube, although marginally more substantial, will never make my life fulfilling.

It is okay to take breaks. It is alright to relax. If the occasional day is given over to pointlessness, it is not the end of the world.

But I can't let it take over my life.

I need to spend time with people I love, and write, and exercise, and learn new things every day, and have new and exciting experiences in a broad range of interests. I know that these are things that make me happy, so I need to do them.

No comments: