Pages

Friday, 12 November 2010

Countdown

I spend a lot of my time counting down the time left until other times in the future. For example, I currently have a countdown for half of the days of the week. Monday is weeks until I'm done for the semester (4 + 3 days), Tuesday is weeks until classes are over (3 + 4 days), Wednesdays are weeks until we can get a Christmas tree (2 + 5 days), Saturdays are weeks until Christmas (6 + 1 day), etc. Then there's the times the "months until..." come up, and so on. You get the point.

I always feel guilty about doing this. I'm somehow selling today (and myself) short by trying to rush past it to get to something else. I know I would probably find more things to appreciate about RIGHT NOW if I would only stop to drink it all in. But I just can't bring myself to do it, because all I can think about is ack ack ack so much homeworks not happy times ahhhh!

So I'll just keep on counting.

No comments: