Pages

Tuesday, 23 November 2010

I don't feel like doing anything.

The past five days or so I have felt so completely unmotivated to do anything. Mostly I just want to snuggle up in my bed and read YA lit and maybe drink some hot chocolate.

Actually, that's not entirely true. There are a bunch of things I feel motivated to do, but I just can't right now. I want to start getting ready for our Christmas party, but there's only so many thing that can be done 2.5 weeks ahead of time (so close!), so I have to hold tight a little bit longer.

I recently started making a "life list" - basically like a bucket list, I guess. I was inspired by this post by Gwen Bell and this one by Mighty Girl. So far I'm only up to 19 items, but I was a little distressed by how few of them I can actually do now. Four items require a mostly-permanent living space with some amount of land, and seven are just way beyond my current financial means. A further three can happen starting next September when I'm semi-permanently settled. That means there are a mere five things I can actually do right now! And I know that, looking at them, five are more than enough to keep me busy, but I'm really excited about some of the others, and the prospect of waiting another 4.5 years minimum (.5 undergrad + 3 law school + 1 articling) is just so frustrating.

Basically I mostly just don't want to do my homework, and I think even more so I want to be able to train myself to take productive breaks, instead of wasting time on the internet because I don't want to do homework but can't justify the time it would take to actually go do something.

No comments: