Pages

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

5 Minutes

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

I want to remember:

Lying on the bridge at our campsite with Roomie J and JB, looking at the stars and talking about our lives.

Ice cream and lemonade and roommate hangouts all the time this summer.

Picking up garbage at JazzFest in the pouring damn rain with my newfound friend Team Cups.

Dancing the night away to the Mellotones at the Seahorse with Roomie J.

Being together with my family in Newfoundland at the start of summer.

L telling me the birthday present I made for him was the nicest thing anyone had ever given him.

The night of the EMSP party when I went crying to JDFL, who let me bug him for the rest of his shift while doing silly things to cheer me up.

Sneaking into the CSP party.

Being a member of the Canadian Studies secret seminar.

Floating in the massive Hurricane Earl waves at the beach with my mom.

Sitting on a bench in the middle of the night in the freezing cold, with a boy I had a crush on, saying that we liked each other, kissing and holding hands.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, Katie. What a way to end that one. I even loved the cleanup duty.

Noel said...

Great post! It's full of tastes and sensory images and smells and temperature, just like all truly great memories are.

Bob D. said...

Your posts are so sweet and sincere. I'm trying to think of a word that's the opposite of fake and pretentious... Genuine? Real? Whatever it is, it's something I really appreciate. For now I'll stick with sweet and sincere.

gnomesque said...

Kim: If anyone had told me at the beginning of the year that I would look back fondly on picking up garbage (or even how much of my summer would be spent picking up garbage!) I'd never have believed it. As it turned out, there was actually a second garbage cleanup memory that would have made the list if I'd had more time.

Noel: Very true, the best memories tend to engage the senses.

Bob: Wow. Thank you. :)