Pages

Monday, 20 December 2010

Beyond Avoidance

What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

This year, I should have written more. I should have exercised more. I should have cleaned more often. I should have spent more time with friends. I should have called my parents more often. I should have studied harder, eaten healthier, laughed louder, and taken more chances. Causes: worry, busyness, laziness.

Mostly, I should have dealt with interpersonal problems instead of being passive-aggressive about them or just being bitter and never speaking to people again. Main cause of this problem: fear.

As for the bonus question: I will do my best to do all of these things, but I only have so much time, energy, and courage. I'll make what improvements I can, and those I can't will wait for another year.

1 comment:

Bob D. said...

What patience and understanding you have with yourself! I wish your inner voice would get together with my inner voice for coffee (in whatever dimension inner voices reside) and give it some pointers on how to constructively communicate with me.