Pages

Sunday, 5 December 2010

Let Go

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

I really can't think of much that I let go of this year. In fact, looking back, I think I've probably spent much of the year desperately, desperately trying to hold on. I've been hanging on to anything and everything, just to prevent things from changing. Friendships, relationships, traditions, music - everything. I just want it all to stay the same.

Next year will be my year of letting go, I think. I'll be finishing my BA and almost definitely moving away; very possibly all the way across this great big country. I'll have to let go of a lot of things to make that work: my province, living close to home, my Hali-friends, a bunch of material possessions, my sense of security, and most importantly, my fear of change.

I could respond to the "whom" part of this question, since I have let go of a few people, but I'm really not comfortable talking about it on a blog they could easily access, so I'll just leave it at that.

1 comment:

Regina said...

In my own experience, I find myself holding the tightest to things when I know, deep down, I need to let them go. You can do it - finish the degree, start the new life where ever that may take you. And yes, it will be scary but it will be worth it.