Pages

Sunday, 19 December 2010

Try and Healing

Another reverb10 double-up, since I didn't have time yesterday.

What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did/didn’t go for it?

Next year I want to try:

Law school
Communicating properly with people
Spontaneity
Doing things that are impractical, because I'm just so sick of always choosing the most responsible options, instead of the things I really want

I set out for this year with the goal of trying new things in general, and I didn't really do as much of that as I would have liked. I guess I tried new things in the kitchen, mostly, which was generally successful.




To be honest, I take issue with this prompt. It demands that I had to be broken or damaged or wounded in some way, and I really don't think that I was. Maybe I'm just a pretentious jerk and don't realize that there's something wrong with me, or maybe I'm just too young and privileged to have been damaged yet, but one way or the other, I'm just not feeling it.

I am a whole and complete person. I am not broken. I did not need healing.

4 comments:

emilystrange said...

I love that you want to try doing things that are impractical! Go for it!

I see where you're coming from with today's prompt. But I saw it as...we all have pain or issues to deal with, we never go through a perfect year where we don't get hurt. How did you heal from the pain that inevitably happens at one point or another during the year just from being human?

Bob D. said...

"a pretentious jerk"? - I think not! Exactly the opposite of that, you are, me thinks.

gnomesque said...

emilystrange: I know what it was getting at, but I just didn't feel hurt this year. Lost, sure, a little down occasionally, yes, but not really hurt. A scraped knee or two; nothing that needed any serious healing.

Bob: You leave the nicest comments. Thanks for the smiles!

Kim said...

Maybe I'm just a pretentious jerk

Okay, people are trying to sleep here, and I just cackled. Seriously, though, a lot of people that I saw had issues with that one.

And good luck with law school!