Pages

Saturday, 19 February 2011

Should I stay or should I go

I've known since November that I had until March 1st to make a decision on which law school to attend.  I was starting to get concerned that I only had a few weeks left and I still didn't know which option to choose.  I want to take charge of my life and make a decision all on my own that I feel good about, and I was hoping I'd be able to figure it out by then.

On Wednesday I received an email from the school that set the March 1st deadline, bumping it up to February 21st at 9 a.m.  Less than five days notice.  Less than two days left now, and I still haven't got a clue.

Basically, the decision I have to make right now is Dal or not-Dal.  I can decide between McGill and UVic later, if I even get into McGill, but it's now or never on the Dalhousie front.

This is the single hardest decision I've ever had to make in my entire life and I just. don't. know.  I have no idea what I want to do.  No idea.  There are good things and bad things about either option, and I don't know which one is better.

I am really unhappy about this.

4 comments:

Kim said...

BLEAH. Part of me wants to give them a thumbs-down just for changing the date on you.

This is a time when I wish I had good insight for you. (This is what I get for not knowing anything useful about Canadian law schools.) If you say yes, does that mean you're locked in and can't change your mind afterward and pick somewhere else? Because it might be safest just to say Yes and then regretfully decline later if you need to.

I say again: Bleah.

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

gnomesque said...

Kim, thanks for such kind words (on this post and others). My dad made the same suggestion you did, and upon closer inspection of the wording, we agreed that although perhaps slightly morally questionable to mislead them, it was not binding, so I'm back to my March 1st deadline. I'm hoping another week will be enough. Ugh.

Bob D. said...

These types of decisions are always tough. It's good to have options, but sometimes it's a relief to have fate decide things like this for us. Hopefully, your heart will give you a strong signal one way or another. If not, I'm sure whatever you choose will work out just fine. Good luck!