Pages

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Phantom Summer

OH.  Oh hey.  Hi!  Erm.  How do I write one of these, again?  Hmm.  Words.  Okay.  Here goes.

I'm not sure exactly what happened to this summer.  I'm still not entirely convinced, despite the insistence of every calendar I've looked at, that this summer actually happened.  I really haven't done enough this summer for it to be almost over already (Note to self: never move back into my parents' basement again.  Bad plans).

Fortunately, I lucked into a summer job that only lasted fourteen weeks, meaning that I'm completely free to do as I please for the rest of the summer.  I am pretty determined not to let it go to waste.  To fill the spaces between  a camping trip, jumping out of an airplane, and a hopefully a few beaches days if the rain ever lets up, I'm going to attempt to spit out enough words for Camp NaNoWriMo, finally finish that sweater I've been knitting for the past three years, and do an awful lot of running.

And yet I still want more things to fill my time with.  This just isn't cutting it.

No comments: